Thursday, June 4, 2020

Re-evaluating an Old Knitting Project...

I often knit garments that I don't like in the end... But occasionally - very occasionally - something I knit turns out better than I expected!

This was the case with a striped poncho I knit - then sewed into a sweater.

I wear it a lot.

After washing it recently - I realized that the two sides were uneven... The left side is about 4 inches longer than the right.

(But when I wear it, the asymmetry is not really noticeable.)



Trying to remember how this irregularity happened, I vaguely remember wondering whether to follow the pattern of the stripes - or the measuring tape. The results would be different, depending on what I chose.

At the time, I decided to go with the color of the stripes, even if both sides weren't the same length...

But now I wondered - should I change it?! Add on, perhaps? Would it be worth the effort...? I've been wearing it like this for a few years!

I decided to check and see if I have any more leftover yarn in that color. I then discovered similar yarn in another color...

That's when I decided to spend my time knitting a second identical jacket instead...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment