Monday, June 29, 2020

Making Strawberry Jam

Some years Terry and I pick or buy strawberries from a local farmer and make easy strawberry jam. The years we don't do it, when winter comes, we always wonder Why?! What kept us from it?!

Last year about this time, we were in Toronto where I took a religious icon painting course I had seen offered there. It was an interesting experience...

After the course was over, I did go strawberry picking with my granddaughter and her parents.

I don't remember if made jam once I got back home...

Should we pick our own berries? It wouldn't be that hard, Terry and I wondered this year...

In the end, we took the easier route and bought them at a nearby strawberry stand.








I used the Certo recipe for cooked jam - but once the jars had cooled on the table overnight, I moved them to the freezer. That way I didn't have to worry about sterilizing the jars.









I made two batches - and now I'm wondering whether I should make more... It really isn't that hard - and it tastes so much better than store-bought jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment