Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day Vintage Car Shows

Today is Father's Day in Canada...

For some reason, Ottawa and Toronto usually host car shows on Father's Day. I'm not sure they will this year...

But we happened to come across this one on Bloor Street in Toronto last year...

They shut down a busy main street for several blocks to make this event happen.




This is a beautiful convertible from my youth! My mother's younger brothers liked fancy cars.

For me, a car is a vehicle to get me from one place to another - without any problems - so I would never buy a vintage car, which would be more likely to break down.






I was surprised to see this old Honda Civic, much like the one I owned when I was single and living in Montreal.

Mine was yellow, too.








One of my cousins and his wife in western Canada have a vintage convertible given to them by his wife's father...

When Terry and I were visiting, he took the roof down and we went for a ride!







It was fun!












One of my mother's brothers, a former truck driver, rebuilt this old truck and later sold it...

We all have our hobbies... Vintage cars can be expensive to own...

I enjoy quilting and have a good sewing machine. But the cost of my machine doesn't compare to the cost of rebuilding - or maintaining - a vintage vehicle...

No comments:

Post a Comment