Thursday, June 18, 2020

Enjoying Pink and Purple Flowers - Indoors and Out

At this time of year, I enjoy my pink and purple indoor plants - mainly African Violets - while outdoors pink and purple perennials are in bloom.

Indoors I have several shades of African Violets - pink...










And purple...












In a nearby north-facing window a pale pink orchid is in bloom. The orchid reminds me of the one that bloomed continuously in my mother's nursing home room.









Outdoor purple plants include purple irises...











... Persian cornflowers...












And peonies, just starting to bloom...












This low growing plant  blooms most of the summer. I think it's a perennial geranium...

There was no planning on my part to create this period of pink and purple flowers. But I'm glad it's happened that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment