Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Euphorbia


When we moved to our house, there were half a dozen perennials in the back yard. They all bloomed in July - a short season of flowers.

Over the years, I've added more varieties, focusing on ones that bloom in early spring and late fall. Some do well; others, like poppies and echinacea, bloomed for a year or two - then disappeared, possibly due to the acid soil created by overhanging pine branches.



This year, I wondered if I had lost my euphorbia, an early bloomer. It forms tidy little bouquets in spring. I remember having two in the front yard.

My neighbor Mary's were beautiful, as usual (see photos above). 



A week after noticing them in other places, I finally saw my two bunches beginning to bloom in our yard.

Happy to see you back!

No comments:

Post a Comment