Friday, May 24, 2024

Always More to Learn

I take a lot of pictures - some, to help me remember places and events; others to illustrate things I mention in my blog.

I used to use a digital camera, but these days, I take all my pictures using the camera on my phone. 

One reason is that the phone is always in my pocket - since I also use it as my pedometer.

All this information - the photos, my daily number of steps - and more - are all automatically saved on the phone... But a backup copy is also sent to a hard drive located SOMEWHERE (not sure where!!) called a "cloud."

Every once in a while I get an email from the "cloud" telling me that I've exceeded my free data storage and now I need to pay a monthly fee - something I'm reluctant to do.

At this point, I usually choose the option of deleting information and photos on my phone and on the "cloud." But there may also be another option...


One day recently, my daughter, scrolling through the photos on my phone, commented: No wonder you're always running out of cloud storage. All your pictures are "live" - they're few-second videos. That takes up more memory...

Well, that has to change! 

Can I remember to change the camera setting every time I use it...? (I've discovered that it switches back to live every time I open up the camera!)

So much to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment