Sunday, May 26, 2024

Amaryllis Update

I'm relatively new to the world of amaryllis bulbs. I got my first bulb in January 2022. (Post Christmas sale!) it was already sprouting in the box.

In November 2022 I bought a pack of 3 waxed amaryllis bulbs at Costco. They bloomed beautifully that winter with virtually no care. Then last spring I removed the wax and potted them in soil for the summer. I let them grow outdoors in indirect sunlight. In fall, I removed the bulbs from the soil, put them in a brown bag and left them for several months without watering them - basically ignoring them - before repotting them again and bringing them back into the light last October. I water them as I would any houseplant. All grew long green leaves but so far only two grew flowers. 



But NOW... I notice that a third bulb is growing a fourth leaf...or is it a stem?!

Maybe it will have some SPRING amaryllis flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment