Thursday, May 30, 2024

A Long Hike


Shortly after my arrival in my BC hometown, I set out on my own to explore historic downtown...


(It's the part of town that I remember.) 

I had weekly lessons at my piano teacher's house above...


The old movie theatre now houses a Timmy's!


We kept our boat at the yacht club - which was much smaller then...


My mother attended this church when she lived around the corner.

This clock looks familiar... But the library I knew is gone - as is the high school I attended.


The city park has changed a bit. There used to be an "aquatic" at the end of this path.


My parents knew the original owners of this motel... 

Lots of memories!


Around noon I headed back to my uncle and aunt's home...


I decided to take a shortcut - and go straight up the hill!


Fortunately I made it up without mishap, logging over 18,000 steps that day!

(Did I think I was still a teenager?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment