Monday, March 11, 2024

Mary's Latest Quilt

My neighbour Mary recently told me about another quilt she has finished. Here it is... (I think the botanical paintings on the wall may be ones she did as well...)


For quilters out there, are some details about the quilt: 

Here is my first quilt of 2024.  Again it is from "The Blanket Statement"  https://theblanketstatement.ca/.  This time I followed the pattern as was intended.  




The pattern can be made multi-coloured or two coloured.  The instructions are included for both versions in various sizes.  This one is 90" x 90" (228cm x 228cm).



For the back of the quilt I chose a flowered flannel.

Unlike Mary I have not been doing any quilting this winter... Maybe this will inspire me to start! I have piles of fabric in my sewing room, ready to go... but little motivation. I know that starting a project sometimes energizes... Perhaps some rainy day in spring!

(There's a season - and a reason! - for everything!)

I do love the colours she has chosen - and the design. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment