Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Sunday


It's Easter Sunday... Childhood memories include church, candy, and uncertain weather.

As a child I remember waking up on Easter Sunday to find a basket of candy Easter eggs - and a chocolate bunny - at the foot of my bed.



When my kids were young, I'd hide chocolate eggs all around the house for them to find. (Sometimes - weeks later - I'd come across some they had missed... Yum!)

One Easter memory... When I was a child in Red Deer, Alberta, I woke up one Easter Sunday find the ground covered with snow. Disappointed that I couldn't dress for spring, I nonetheless put on my new Easter outfit - with my warm winter coat on top. Then we went to church.

But... while the church service was on, unbeknownst to us, a warm Chinook wind arrived, warming temperatures so much that all the snow melted! An hour after entering the church bundled up in winter coats and boots, we stepped outside into warm spring weather! 

I'll never forget that Easter Sunday... or the power of a Chinook wind!

My father caught the picture of us leaving church, taking off our warm winter coats, on his 8 mm movie camera.

We laughed every time we replayed that family movie.

Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment