Friday, March 8, 2024

Aiming Low


Exercise is part of staying healthy... So I try to get to the gym three times a week. I don't stay long - I do a quick circuit of eight resistance machines to strengthen my arms and back. 


Then I head over to a hydromassage bed for 10 minutes, to relax. While lying there, I do half a dozen wrist exercises - stretches that help me knit and crochet without pain. The whole routine takes me less than half an hour.

But - ever since the New Year -  I've resisted going to the gym. Too tired after mall walking for an hour, my body tells me...


So I have a new plan! I'm going to LOWER my expectations. I'll aim to go to the gym only once a week. If I do it, I'll be satisfied. 

But if I manage to fit in TWO gym sessions a week, instead of feeling down on myself because I didn't go three times, I'll still be pleased!

(I hope this new strategy works to motivate me again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment