Thursday, October 6, 2022

Second Pottery Studio Session

My second pottery studio time was interesting. In addition  to working on several new things, I was happy to find to find six of the eleven pots that I had glazed last week were ready to take home.


One never knows what they'll look like until they come out of the kiln.



This is what they looked like when they went in.

I wax happy with the results. I've learned that "less is more": in other words, putting less glaze on a pot gives it a better finish.


I also worked on the owl I started last week, giving it a bit more texture. It still needs to dry.


Then I made two pots, one of which I hope will be big enough to hold a flower pot.


I put s small plastic flower pot inside to measure. Clay shrinks about 10% as it dries, so i can only hope. I also made a little clay head.

This session I hope to improve my glazing and to succeed in making larger flower pots. 

It's always good to have a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment