Sunday, October 2, 2022

Coffee Day

I got an email yesterday informing me that it was National Coffee Day...


I didn't know there was such a thing!


Further online research enlightened me a bit... I discovered that yesterday was actually INTERNATIONAL Coffee Day... National in the USA is on September 29. I'm not clear about where Canada stands. Given the way Canadians enjoy their coffee, we're probably happy to celebrate both!

The best coffee news I've heard in recent weeks is that researchers have concluded that coffee is actually good for you! Glad to hear that as I really enjoy my two cups of morning coffee.

In my own family, my parents drank really weak coffee - and my grandfather Hugo (who lived to be 100) only drank Postum - a wheat-based coffee substitute.

Although Coffee Day was originally established to encourage fair trade coffee, I think it probably promotes coffee deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment