Monday, October 10, 2022

Pumpkin Cookies

I recently came across an old cookie recipe - a family favourite - from back when my children were 2,4 and 6.


It was on a handout I received at a pumpkin-patch field trip, when my older son was in kindergarten.

I made the cookies from time to time when the kids were young. They were popular with the family. Then I misplaced the recipe. So I haven't made it in years. The recipe, which calls for 4 cups of flour plus 2 cups of oats, makes a large batch At one time, a recipe that made dozens of cookies was a bonus! Now, with only 2 of us in the house, not so much.  I plan to freeze most of them.


Before I make a dessert recipe these days, I estimate the flour to sugar ratio. I tend to avoid  recipes where there is more sugar than flour. But this one passed the ratio test by far! I also reduced the total sugar from 3 cups to 2.

They were fun to make - and to snack on. But most will be stored in the freezer for another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment