Monday, April 11, 2022

New Way to Monitor My Blood Sugar

I have Type 2 Diabetes and have been pricking my finger daily to monitor my blood sugar levels for s long time now. I do it once a day - early in the morning before I eat or drink anything. This “fasting glucose reading” is a basic measure of how well I’m doing in trying to control my blood sugar levels.

I was recently offered a new monitoring system - an adhesive patch (with a needle) that stays in my arm for 14 days at a time. 

I agreed to give it a try.

Here it is on my arm…

I can now use an app on my cell phone to check my glucose readings numerous times a day. 

This will give me more information…

But that in itself is a little frightening. In theory, it will help me monitor food and exercise to improve my health…

But what if the information isn’t what I want to hear?

(Sometimes ignorance is bliss!)

No comments:

Post a Comment