Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Morning Stroll

I was sitting outdoors, enjoying my morning coffee, when two familiar shapes appeared - very much like last summer, when I almost stepped on one that was  resting under our tree.

These transient visitors - wild ducks - return every spring and build nests somewhere in the neighborhood. I suspect the nests are tucked away somewhere in the college grounds.

They come around before they lay their eggs, but they’ve never brought their hatchlings back for s visit!

For now, they are picking up food - and perhaps material for building their nests. 

My neighbour Mary saw two pairs ducks at the same time in her back yard… so who knows how many there are?! Mary commented that the females were content to share the food and water but their protective mates got a little testy!

No comments:

Post a Comment