Monday, April 25, 2022

More Signs of Spring

The weather isn’t as warm as I’d like it to be - but I see more signs of spring in our neighborhood.

The college sports dome - put up annually to be a winter sports facility - was recently collapsed and taken down for the summer. It’s a labor-intensive task.

More wildlife is running - or hopping - around.

(The rabbits we see around here definitely don’t resemble “Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail” - the rabbits in the Peter Rabbit family.)

More flowers are out - and blooming!

I was surprised to see not one, but two, white hellebores plants appear in our front flower bed, each with a single white flower. I don’t remember two…

The three hellebores that produce yellow flowers in our west-facing flower bed show no logins of new life. One, in particular, has brittle dry leaves and no blooms. I wonder if I should trim the leaves back.

A few days later, I notice that both hellebores in the front yard have pinkish splotches on them. I’ve never seen that happen before. Are they changing colour?!


I also noticed a bug inside one flower… Our first bug of the season! Spring is here - and every day brings new surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment