Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Just Show Up!

Since January I've spent two afternoons a week doing pottery.

When I head for the studio, I often have no idea what I'll be doing when I get there. (Sometimes, in a panic, I check my Pinterest pottery board for inspiration before I leave.) But I never know will get done by the time I leave, three hours later.

My goal is simple: to finish things I've started and (if time permits) to try something new. Often I'm inspired by what other potters around me are making...











And in the end, I'm always surprised by what gets done!









After 5 months, I've accumulated quite an array of pottery - by just showing up and doing something!











Perhaps I should take my pottery approach to other things I want to do, like work in the garden, organize my study, sew, mend and quilt...









 
Three hours a day, twice a week could see some significant changes... if I just show up and do whatever needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment