Monday, January 7, 2013

When Did This Happen?!

My mother was an avid cook, knitter, quilter and weaver. She was adept at many things. As a teacher, she was proud of her penmanship and wowed her students with her ability to draw a perfect circle on the blackboard... But I have never known her to take an interest in drawing pictures...














Yet, as I sort through her things, I come across three drawings with her name on them...














 ... a black and white drawing of a swan...














 ... another (of a bridge) in pastel, chalk or pencil crayons...














 A third is painted in watercolor.

When did she take an interest in drawing? Did she take a course at the Kelowna Seniors' Center in her early retirement years? (I remember she took courses then...) If so, why did she quit?

(Strange what you discover about your parents by going through their things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment