Friday, January 11, 2013

Delicious Low-Carb Cookies

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe for low-carb cookies. I used to make them a lot in the days when I packed a lunch for work. The recipe comes from Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Cookbook. Soft and yummy!

Oatmeal-Apricot Cookies

1. Mix together:
  • 1/3 cup (75 mL) margarine (I use olive oil.)
  • 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
  • 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
2. Add:
  • 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking powder
  • 1/2  teaspoon (2 mL) baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup (50 ml) wheat germ
  • 1 cup (250 mL) chopped dried apricots (or raisins or chopped dates)
 3. Drop in small spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.














Oops! I had forgotten how they spread! I should have baked them farther apart. I had to cut some apart after they were baked.














I tried baking a few in a muffin tin...














Next time, I'll add a little more oats if I use (liquid) olive oil again, and see how they look and taste then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment