Thursday, January 18, 2024

What Have I Been Learning??

After re-reading last week's post on the "Five Hour Rule" or goal... (I prefer goal), I started to wonder if I have really made learning new things a priority in my life. I THINK I have - but have I really?! 


It reminds me of a health survey I took a few years ago. One question was: "How much do you sit during the day?"

Well, I sit to read and eat... and knit or quilt, I calculated in my head. Each one of those is about an hour a day, give or take.

So I entered "4 hours" in my survey - and sent it off.

Later I asked Terry: How much would you say I sit on average a day? Two hours? Or four?

I'm pretty sure you sit a lot more than that, he replied. I'd say maybe eight - at least.

Eight?! (That's a number associated statistically with increased risk for strokes!) I hope I don't sit that much!


Suddenly I started paying more attention - and he was right!

Maybe I should make a list of things I've intentionally tried to learn in the past year. I really wonder now if I'm working on it anywhere near five hours a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment