Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Starting a "Temperature Blanket"



A few days ago, I sorted through my yarn stash for colours suitable for a "temperature blanket." I didn't have time to go through ALL my yarn - but it occurred to me that I only needed three or four colours for cold temperatures to start. I expect it will stay cold for a few months. That will give me time to hunt for "warmer" ones.

I'm planning to do three rows a day, marking the high and low temperatures of the day, then adding a third row in the middle: white, if it snows; and yellow if the sun is shining!

If I do that, I'll end up with an afghan comprised of  365 X 3 = 1095 rows! Will that be too long? I guess it depends on the thickness of the yarn.

(Perhaps I'll end up making two - if it gets too long!)

I decided to crochet the "Alpache Tears" pattern - one of my favourites for combining a variety of colours. I've used the above version for years, for many scrap afghans. 

But there are other variations of the pattern, too, like this one by Sarah London.


In the end, I  decided to stick with the one I know best?!

So many things to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment