Friday, July 7, 2023

Virtual Walk #3

My third virtual walk is the Camino de Santiago, a trek of almost 775 km - much longer than my previous virtual walks, the 62.7 km Jesus Trail, that leads from Nazareth to Caperneum in Israel and the 154.5 km Chichen Itza in Mexico.


Walking around my neighbourhood or in a mall while marking the distance on a map - from time to time pausing to look around my imaginary (virtual) location on a Google Street map has been an interesting experience.


On this, my third hike, I had planned to re-read two journals written by Camino pilgrims, books that I read before. But it hasn't happened. Summer is a busy time, with more outdoors activities. I may go back to them again later, to remind myself of their reactions to the places I'm passing through.


But, for now, my Google map street views is adding an interesting dimension - a taste of reality - to my daily virtual walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment