Monday, July 10, 2023

Peace Lily Update

In early spring, I divided an indoor plant - a Peace Lily that hadn't bloomed in years.


The roots of the original plant were so densely intertwined that I had to cut them with scissors to separate them.


I placed the plants in indirect sunlight - as I read I was supposed to do. And I've been waiting for them to take off! But to my disappointment, they haven't! In fact, the only change I notice is a few yellowing leaves on one of the plants.

So I again checked online to see what I might be doing wrong.

The lighting is right - indirect sunlight. But I probably erred in two ways. I shouldn't have put them in such large pots - they like to be crowded. And I initially should have watered them until water came seeping out of the bottom, then made sure the soil remains damp.



I'm not planning to repot them into smaller pots - but I will water them a little more to make sure all the soil is wet.

Maybe I should also create a little "care card" to remind myself which plants need to be watered very lightly and which need to be continually damp.

Then, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment