Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Early July Flowers


Perennials come and go so quickly! Early July brings an abundance of white and yellow daisies...


Also orange lilies... all over the yard!


The purple irises are gone - but there are still shades of purple here and there..


The neighbour who gave me these Persian cornflowers, now nearing the end of their blooming season, warned me that they would spread. I should have listened!


The purple clematis next to our back deck are lovely to view through our living room window. I sometimes cut them back in fall. Maybe that's a mistake. I think I pruned them a little too much last year. There aren't many blooming. (Live and learn!)


I'm so thankful for all the flowers! Even invasive ones are beautiful! My only complaint: I wish they'd all stay longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment