Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Glazed... and Unglazed

Well, my pottery studio sessions are over!

Week by week I've been trying to glaze things that are ready - to avoid a last minute rush when everyone wants to glaze their stuff at the same time.

Here's some of it - glazed - and unglazed.

Some of it looks better unglazed! I was disappointed that the owl above was so splotchy (below) after glazing.


I take a weekly picture picture of what I've been working on. I also keep brief notes. From one week to the next, it's easy to forget.




The two items on the left are in the top photo  - unglazed. Not sure if I like them better before - or after - glazing. That's the first time I tried the pink glaze. 

I'm  always surprised by the way things look after glazing. 

Sometimes I don't even recognize my own pieces once they're done! I've  heard other potters say the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment