Monday, September 5, 2022

Excited to Go Back!

I was nearing the end of a series of pottery classes in March, 2020, when COVID arrived in Ontario. Out of an abundance of caution, the rest of the classes were cancelled. The studio was shut.

I totally understood why. In the hand-building class,  a dozen potters worked at three large tables in a small studio about the size of my living room… No windows. Poor ventilation. Not the kind of place you want to hang out in during s pandemic.

But now, two and a half years later, I came across some of my hastily packed pottery…


A shopping bag of things to be glazed. A few things to be fired for the first time…


I wondered if potters had gone back.

I checked the online city recreation guide and discovered that the studio was open, classes were being held, … and one class (only one!) had room for one more!

I quickly signed up… Now I’m scheduled to go back in a few weeks…

I can’t believe it’s true!

No comments:

Post a Comment