Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ipod in a Glass!

I use my Ipod as a mini-computer: to check emails, the weather forecast, and photos on instagram. Occasionally I use it to listen to streamed programs, like Everyday Moments With Joyce Meyer. At those times I usually put on a headset so that my listening doesn't disturb anyone. Unlike most people, I don't use my Ipod to listen to songs.

I don't know where I heard this, but somewhere I heard that putting the Ipod into a (clean, dry) glass amplifies the sound if I'm listening without a headset!


















So I tried it and it works!

What do you think would happen if I put it into a taller glass? I asked Terry.

It would probably muffle the sound, he replied. So I tried it, but it amplifies the sound even more! (Though it is harder to adjust any controls when it's in a tall glass!)

Good to know if I'm home alone and want to listen to my Ipod out loud!

(Now I wish I had paid more attention to explanations about sound waves in high school science class. Maybe then I'd understand why this is happening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment