Thursday, February 22, 2024

New Project



After quitting the daily grind of trying to keep up with the three daily rows of my "temperature blanket" - where each day's colour additions were based on the weather of the day - I took a brief rest...



I could have chosen a less ambitious goal of one row a day - but I wanted it to reflect the type of day it was, so I chose to indicate the daily high and low - and whether the day was sunny, cloudy, snowy or rainy... Three attributes in all. I really found that to be too much daily crochet. (And it would make for a very long blanket!)

So I abandoned the temperature blanket and started a project I've wanted to begin for a while: another "Berber Afghan" - a narrower one, but longer, so that I can hopefully include all the designs in the pattern. 


On my last berber afghan (top photo above - which became Terry's Christmas gift), the blanket was getting too big - so I stopped halfway through.

 


I love the design and the colours - and I'm pacing myself... only two rows a day is my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment