Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Creating "Image"

I remember talking to a college student about how we create "images" of what kind of people we want to be perceived as. Someone may carry a large black Bible under their arm - or a thick best seller on the subway. Or perhaps put a ski rack on the roof of his or her car, even though they don't ski... to be perceived as athletic.

The student I was talking to burst out laughing. "That's what one of my friends does," he said. He has a ski rack but he doesn't ski!

I came across a similar projection of "image" in a home decorating article online.


The article was about incorporating book shelves into home decor - with books that express your interests. (No thoughts of reading the books, though!) . The trend is called "Bookshelf Wealth." 


If this trend continues, I may find myself "in style"!

(I can already hear my daughter groaning...!)


No comments:

Post a Comment