Sunday, February 18, 2024

Indoor Blooming

This is the time of year that I really appreciate flowers blooming indoors!


My one and only African violet has been blooming for weeks... I'm really enjoying it. I used to have half a dozen or more - in different colors - but one by one, they all died. I have no idea why. Too much water? Too little water? Old soil? (The possibilities are limitless!)


I'm really happy to see my only orchid beginning to bloom. There are lots of buds, so hopefully it will have a long blooming season!


A solitary peace lily is also still in bloom. Last summer, I divided an old root-bound plant into three and replanted the parts, adding fresh soil. But only one plant has bloomed. Do the other two need to be fertilized? Do they just need more time? I really have no idea...

Gardening mysteries!



No comments:

Post a Comment