Friday, February 2, 2024

Amaryllis Growth


Last winter, I enjoyed four amaryllis flowers. One was a re-blooming plant I had bought the previous year. The others were new bulbs, encased in wax, that didn't need to be watered.

Once they finished blooming, I removed the flowers - and the wax - and let the bulbs continue to grow in pots outdoors.

In fall, I removed the bulbs from the soil and let them lie dormant for eight weeks in the dark before repotting them in early December.

Since then, I've been disappointed that nothing remarkable has happened. I had been expecting a sudden burst of life once I brought the bulbs out of the dark.

But now, a month later, I notice that two of the bulbs are slowly beginning to sprout again. 


Will the others sprout as well? 


(I guess I'll just have to wait and see!)

No comments:

Post a Comment