Wednesday, May 10, 2023

More Quilted Projects

It's always interesting to discover what crafter friends have been up to during the long Canadian winter months.


My neighbour Mary has been quilting. She recently showed me her latest quilt. (I think this is her third since last summer.)

It was so stunning, I asked her if I could share it here. Fortunately, she agreed:

This is my latest quilt.  It is a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman called "Arctic Feathers".  


The size is approximately 70" x 80" (178 x 203 cm).  I chose a rainbow of colours.  The background fabric I recently purchased just for this project.  The feathers were about 50% from my stash and 50% new fat quarters.

To best show the whole quilt I decided to hang the quilt on the clothesline.



Before making this quilt, I chose to tryout the pillow version first.  Since I liked the results of the pillow, I then went on to make the whole quilt.



After making the quilt and having a fair amount of material left over, I chose to make another pillow with some of the same fabric.  This time the pattern is from "The Blanket Statement" and the pattern is called "North Cross" (https://theblanketstatement.ca/). The pillow is the smallest of four pattern sizes in the instructions. 

I don't know what's next.  I have taken a bit of a break for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment