Friday, April 14, 2023

Canadian Tuxedo

I'm a big fan of the "Canadian Tuxedo" - blue jeans and a denim shirt or jacket.


I remember my friends and me wearing jeans at school in grade 7 in Red Deer, before moving to Kelowna. Blue jeans became more stylish in the 1960s - and I remember wearing bell-bottom ones then.

These days I often wear denim-coloured shirts as a light jacket over a T-shirt - more often than I wear jeans.


Now that warmer weather is coming, I've been hunting for a denim shirt with a pocket or two big enough to hold a cellphone.

Maybe jeans developed with my generation: I don't ever remember my mother or father owning a pair.

Looking for the origins of the name "Canadian Tuxedo," I came across this explanation online:



A cute story!



No comments:

Post a Comment