Sunday, September 2, 2018

Looking Back on My 2018 Blooming Season

Summer has passed quickly... I realize now that I didn't take a lot of flower pictures in 2018. But I did enjoy looking at the garden...

Every few weeks, my flower beds, as usual, were transformed...

This is what the front flower bed looked like in April: Lots of last year's brown growth, the tiger lilies beginning to grow.







Here it is in May...

Mostly green - with white anemones...

I could find no garden photos from June 2018, the month of my surgery. Perhaps I was too preoccupied.






But in early July, I did take pictures of the white daisies in bloom, and the orange tiger lilies...











In August the front flower bed was mainly yellow...











... while shades of mauve brightened the back yard.

Not sure yet what September will bring...

That, in short, is my gardening diary in pictures for the hot summer of 2018. A lot of plants weren't photographed this year. But I did enjoy looking out at them through the window.



As a gardener of perennials, I wish I could hold on to each month's blooms just a little longer... But maybe that's what flower photos are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment