Thursday, January 30, 2014

Toronto ... By Train ... In the Snow

Toronto usually has milder winters than Ottawa, so I thought a trip to Toronto might help me get rid of the winter blahs.


But I was wrong! Toronto in mid-January 2014 was just as snowy and cold as Ottawa! There were snow squalls along the St. Lawrence River.














Fortunately, I was safe in the train: multi-vehicle accidents were occurring along the highway.














Once in Toronto, I was surprised to see that Union Station, Toronto's main train station, is a construction site, surveyors mingling with travelers.


















Billboards explain that the renovation will add a glass atrium and more elevators to this old historic building. That will be nice!


















But I was puzzled by this billboard photo... The nearby CN Tower doesn't lean,... does it?!!

It was good to be in Toronto... But I didn't do much outdoor walking: Toronto streets were just as ice covered as ours.














I did pass this outdoor water fountains locked in ice!

(I left at the perfect time. The following day my daughter awoke to find her building without water... A frozen pipe? Perhaps a burst water main?)

But that's winter in Canada - even in downtown Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment