Thursday, August 8, 2013

Visiting London's Tate Gallery

Visiting London's Tate Gallery was one of the most memorable parts of my recent visit to London. From the outside, the building doesn't look impressive - I wasn't even sure I wanted to go in!














Admission was free (though tickets are needed in order to see the special exhibits).














It's an easy walk from Charring Cross Station (above) which is near Trafalgar Square...














We walked downhill towards the Thames river. Before long we were on the Victoria Embankment. It was noon. Office workers were spending their lunch hour sitting in the sun or jogging on the sidewalk overlooking the river.


















We walked towards the Millennium Footbridge (seen in the photo above), where we crossed the Thames.


















 Once inside the gallery...














... we looked at exhibits for a while...


















(Don't ask me what this one is!! I have no idea!)














 (This one is more my style!) Then we had lunch and shopped in several of the Gallery's boutiques...














(I needed an umbrella ...to protect me from the sun! I hadn't expected London to have a heat-wave!)


















(I also couldn't resist buying one of these made-in-Africa flag bottle openers!)














The gallery has places where you can sit and enjoy a view of the city... and just relax!














Love the art or hate it, the gallery now is one of my favorite places in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment