Monday, June 14, 2010

My Favorite Time of the Day

I love the early morning - especially now that days are warmer...


















I fling open windows and doors, as soon as it is light...


















I love to feel the breeze... and hear the quiet of the morning (those days when crows decide to rest)...


















It reminds me of my trip to Hawaii a little over a year ago. Coming from snowy weather and houses closed up tight to preserve heat, it was so refreshing to be in a climate where no barrier was necessary between outdoors and in. Some parts of the hotel lobby had no roof. The main entrance had no door! (That would be unheard of in Canada!)














Indoors and outdoors were one.

At this time of year, early in the morning, I feel that freedom here too.

Then around 9am I close everything up again - to preserve the morning coolness inside the house when it is hot and humid outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment