Sunday, August 9, 2026

Unforgettable!

I subscribed to a New York Times e-newsletter a few years ago - during COVID. I was curious to know how people in other places were coping. 

I still get the e-newsletter and peruse the headlines (though some stories are hidden from me, since I'm not a paying subscriber).

One free article that intrigued me last week was about how therapeutic it is to breathe fresh air and hear birds, even through an open window. 

I can't argue about that! 

But I was surprised by one of the therapeutic outdoor activities mentioned... 

Quilting outdoors!











I've quilted a lot over the years - but I've never plugged in a sewing machine on an outdoor picnic table (for fear of being electrocuted)!











Or cut fabric on the grass!











With cows and goats nearby, was there a fear they might come over to investigate?!












All problems aside, I'll bet - for those who attend these two-day outdoor quilting workshops - the experience is truly unforgettable!! 

(But I'm not sure it's for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment