Monday, August 3, 2026

Lifelong Passion??!











Years ago my two young sons loved to watch - and imitate - wrestlers they saw on TV.











Not classic Olympic-style wrestlers - but over-the-top, larger-than-life heroes like Hulk Hogan - and others whose names I've forgotten... who would throw challenges at each other and fight for various championships and belts.

This was the after-school life of my young sons - talking about their favourite wrestlers, upcoming challenges, and who they thought would win. 











(I even created several "championship  belts" for their pretend wrestling matches.)

Then it seemed to end - this wrestling mania.. and for years I didn't hear anything about it - except for occasional retrospective documentaries about former wrestlers.











But then - last weekend, one of my sons informed me that he had bought tickets for a wrestling show in Montreal.

Really?! They still do that?!











And from the pictures he shared, the whole wrestling phenomenon, as I remember it, seems to have come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment