Thursday, October 3, 2024

Weekly Painting

I enjoy heading to Almonte once a week to just sit and paint.


Some days there's a lot of chatting, too!


Recently one of the artists showed us the puppet she had made at a workshop in Nova Scotia this summer.

That's fun! I thought...

It's a lot harder and more time-consuming than it looks, she added.

We all work on different things - and learn from each other.


Here are two versions of the same scene painted, a week apart. I spent more time thinking about the second one - on the right. But I like the brightness of the first one I did - on the left.

Interestingly, several painters recognized the place (a marina viewed from Andrew Haydon Park).

I think I'll paint something new next time ... but I'd like to practice more reflections on water. 

There's always more to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment