Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Meeting the Bus

Occasionally Terry and I head out into the country to meet our granddaughter's school bus, if her parents are unable to be there.


Terry usually finds something to do...


On this occasion, I just sat outdoors and enjoyed the day. It was very hot. I had brought some knitting to do - but didn't touch it! Instead, I mostly watched the cows across the road. (Bovine therapy!)

Isn't there a poem about it?! (Something I remember from my own school days.) 

"What is this life if, full of care, /  We have no time to stand and stare?

No time to stand beneath the boughs /And stare as long as sheep or cows.  ....

A poor life this if, full of care /We have no time to stand and stare."  *

No need to feel bad about "just" enjoying the day!

Oh and there's the schoolbus!



'



Hard to believe that next September her brother will be joining her on the bus...! All too soon they won't need us here when they get off...

(*Lines quoted are from the poem "Leisure" by William Henry Davies)

No comments:

Post a Comment