Thursday, June 8, 2023

Early June Flowers


The weather has been pleasantly warm the past few weeks ...


Our flower beds are bursting to life!


Lots of mauves and purples.


Also lily of the valley - with its lovely scent.

I've also added a make-shift bird bath to our backyard: a large bowl I made in pottery class years ago. It's sitting on a cracked flower pot that is still pretty sturdy.


Let's see if it will attract any birds! So far none that I've seen - but, as one of my sons commented this morning - the birds were silent during the past few smoky-sky days. It's so nice to hear them chirping this morning again.

It reminds me of the canaries they used to bring into mines to keep tabs on air quality. I'd like to think that the mines were vacated when the canaries stopped chirping - not when the canaries died!


No comments:

Post a Comment