Saturday, September 7, 2019

Back to Baking

I don't do much baking in summer. In fact, I don't do much cooking either. I don't want to heat up the house... So Terry prepares a lot of our meals on the barbecue...

But recently, a container of souring milk make me think of baking muffins. After going through favorite recipes, I chose a bran muffin recipe that makes 18 large muffins...

I baked 6 plain - for Terry...

Added slices of peach on the top of 6 - because I LOVE peaches! And mixed a handful of blueberries into the last of the batter...



Then I invited my son to join us for breakfast waffles - also made with slightly sour milk...
Haven't had home cooking or baking in a while - so it was a good "homemade" kind of day!

I posted the muffin recipe on the blog in September  2012.

(If you're interested in a low-cal muffin with lots of bran - and molasses, click here to go back to that old post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment