Thursday, May 2, 2019

Generations of Sentimental Favorites

Seven years after my father died, my mother moved to Ontario from British Columbia, bringing with her some "essentials" - and sentimental favorites... Among these were some of my elementary school report cards! I guess they reminded her that I had been young once - and so had she...

I still have a few of my children's report cards tucked away in a file somewhere, but I couldn't find them when I looked a few minutes ago... I know I also have art and memorable notes they wrote to me some time in the past. These too remind me of the youngsters they once were...

Now I'm beginning to collect the next generation of sentimental favorites: A few pieces of art work my granddaughter made in daycare.

My personal favorite is this "high five" of her hand and... some bubbles(?)















This "mixed media" of shiny paint and streamers with glued plastic ranks up there, too.

I've always loved bright colors... They always cheer me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment