Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pink and Purple Garden

After my six-day cruise, I returned home to find the lilacs gone - but other flowers blooming in shades of pink, mauve and purple.

Irises...

















Purple geraniums...













Pink carnations...













Purple salvia...













These lovely (but invasive) Persian cornflowers.

(To stop them from spreading too much, I pull them out after they bloom - but they come back again in abundance the following year.)








Nearby flashy pink peonies are in bud - getting ready to bloom!












On the deck, the purple clematises are beginning to bloom.

Color-coordinated gardens always impress me.

Surprisingly, for a brief time - this year - my flowers appear to be... until the bright orange tiger lilies appear!


No comments:

Post a Comment