While still living in Kelowna, she took computer classes at the public library. She did not want to fall technologically behind!
She also joined the Seniors' Centre, where she took other courses. Somewhere in the house, I have two paintings she made in an art class. I also found a story she wrote in a course on writing about your life. I wish she had written more, but I'm thankful to have her account of the excitement that erupted in the Village of Hay Lakes when news arrived that the Second World War was over.
Even in her 80's and 90's - after moving here to Ottawa - she stayed socially and mentally alert, forming a Scrabble group that met in her apartment several afternoons a week to play Scrabble.
Did she also form a trivia game group? I don't know - but I recently came across a thick folder containing pages of trivia questions...
It would be something she would have done!

No comments:
Post a Comment