Saturday, June 22, 2024

Mary's Latest Quilt

My neighbour Mary has been busy quilting - and she recently showed me her latest creation. 


So beautiful! (It reminds me of art by M.C. Escher.)


Here's what Mary said about the quilt:

This is my latest quilt.  It was a pattern that my daughter really liked.  So I thought I would try the smallest size which was classed as crib size. I then added a five inch border all around to end up with a 48 x 64  inch (122 cm x 163 cm) quilt.

The initial cutting of the pieces was easy.  It started out by cutting out numerous 1.5 inch (3.8 cm) strips by the width of the fabric in the two colours. Then made into the four types of blocks that were not all that easy. Particularly the one where you had to match the pieces on the diagonal.  All the squares had to be a precise size so when you put it together the seams would match.



When you did sew all the squares together they were done on the diagonal (kind of twists the brain a little bit) and then you cut all the triangle edges and square it up.  


The back of the quilt was kept simple.



The pattern is called "Interwoven" and it is from a company called "LO & BEHOLD" loandbeholdstitchery.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment