Friday, July 22, 2016

Good Fitness Advice

I haven't attended Curves for several months now. My location unexpectedly closed their doors around the time my granddaughter was born. In the following weeks, trips to Toronto were more important than gym hunting, so my fitness routine has been neglected for several months.

Finally I began to visit the fitness facilities in my neighborhood, comparing them to the two remaining Curves locations - both of  which are in distant parts of town. Do I really want to drive that far to exercise in winter?!

I also check out fitness equipment for our basement. Terry and I saw one beautiful machine that does all the exercises I want to do... But it's very expensive... (Here is an online illustration.)

Would we use it enough to justify the cost?

Would you use a fitness machine if we bought it? I later asked my son.

No! He emphatically replied. And don't buy one. My two friends who have expensive fitness equipment never use it anymore.

Did they lose interest? I asked.

No, they injured themselves. Both of them have pain everywhere, so they can't work out.

Just go walking... That's what I do. It's the best exercise of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment