Wednesday, January 20, 2016

One Thing Leads to Another!

For Christmas I gave my daughter a book entitled, Lessons From Madame Chic, telling her I wanted to read it, too, when she was done... (I mean, I want to learn to be chic as well!!)

The book recounts an American girl's six-month stay in France, where she lived with a French family. I thought my daughter might find some commonality, as she had spent part of a summer in France when she was 17.

On Boxing Day, my daughter and I went shopping. We had just entered the cosmetics section of a department store, when she pointed to a display.

Those are facial brushes, like the one Madame Chic uses, she said. We went over to check them out.

Well, if Madame Chic likes them, maybe I should get one for myself, I commented.

You usually lose interest in beauty products very quickly, my daughter replied. But if you try it and don't like it, I'd like to give it a try...

What was there to lose?! I bought one.

While the brush was doing its initial charge (for 24 hours) I went online to read up on these facial brushes. Some people seemed to love them and used them twice a day. Others complained that their skin began to break out after they used the brush.


How is that possible? I wondered. The bristles are very soft.

One person online commented that the brush should be viewed as an exfoliator, so it shouldn't be used too often - and never with exfoliating products. The brush and the products together would be too harsh.

Hmmm. This was beginning to sound complicated!! So it was with some trepidation that I used the brush for the first time!

[Continued tomorrow!]


No comments:

Post a Comment